A Monza-based excellence that has rightfully become one of the top European players in the large aluminium forgings market. Introducing Masperotech, a company founded in the Brianza state capital in 1909 under the name of Fonderia Maspero.
The company has maintained its family vocation for over a century before being acquired by the CMO Group, which was founded in 1985 by the Ongis family and is one of the European leaders in mechanical machining of non-ferrous materials, with headquarters in Cesano Maderno and branch offices in Bergamo and Carate Brianza, as well as in Tunisia. This carries on a Brianza tradition, with solid and historic family management at the helm.
2023 was a year of significant growth for us and that is why we thought it would be essential to invest in what we consider to be 3 key elements for the company’s success and progress, our “3Ps”: People, Projects and Processes!
“Accept the challenges, see the opportunities” is the motto to which Masperotech team aspires every day. In fact, the actions taken in each area have been numerous, resulting in annual growth of more than 25% over the last two years.
- 15 new hires in one year
- Search for highly qualified figures: turners, millers, designers, staff for the quality and machining departments;
- We care about the well-being of our employees: turnover is very low and about 15% of people have been with the company for more than 10 years;
- Numerous investments in our employees’ professional development.
- Development of more than 30 new projects with new customers (worth approximately 10 million €)
- Expansion of mould design software;
- Acquisition of 2 new certifications: IRIS for the railway sector and ISO TS 16494 for the automotive sector (expected in April 2024);
- Upkeep of EN 9100 certification (aerospace sector)
- Focus on sustainability: new photovoltaic system, implementation of a hydraulic invariance project to return rainwater to the area, planting of 250 trees.
- Continuous improvement of processes in the company and investment in the future;
- Purchase of a new robot-supported press with automated vision system;
- Largest aluminium presses in Italy: 12000 tons and 7000 tons
- New construction of 4500 sqm: expansion of the machining department
- New construction in 2024 of a 20,000 sqm area with the aim of expanding the production space.
- Introduction of new technologies: flowforming
- Expansion of the metallography laboratory.
“The added value of Masperotech lies in its people, which is why many investments are being implemented and we are continuously looking for highly qualified employees.”
Claudio Ongis, CEO of Masperotech